Online physiotherapy consultations have been shown to have similar benefits to in-clinic consultations in reducing pain and improving function. That’s the goal right?
Who is Online Physiotherapy for?
Online physio consults (also known as Telehealth consults) enable practitioners to reach people who are unable to attend a brick-and-mortar health clinic due to geographic limitations. Online consultations are also ideal for people who:
- Want to save time with travel (have a session whilst at work – so you can go straight home)
- Want to complete their appointment in the confines of their own home
- Want convenient access to their current physio
- Live interstate, rural or rural areas
- Prefer an active exercise rehab approach and no hands-on or electro-therapies
- Are unable to attend a clinic due to an injury or condition
What Conditions Can Be Treated?
Most conditions can be treated through online consultations. As previously stated, research has shown similar benefits compared to face-to-face consultations. Here are a list of injuries and conditions that can be treated:
- Lower back pain
- Neck pain and whiplash
- Shoulder impingement and rotator cuff injuries
- Hip and knee osteoarthritis
- Hip bursitis
- Sports injuries (e.g. ankle sprains, tendon pain)
- Running injuries
- and more
How Does Online Physiotherapy Work?
The process is quite similar to being in the clinic. We get your details and any relevant information prior to the consultation. We go through the assessment, any reports or scans, diagnose your injury and condition, go through treatment and provide a plan to get you back to what you love doing. The only difference is there is no hands-on component to treatment. But we’re not a clinic that relies solely on hand-on treatment and see the huge value in active rehab.
Exercise prescription and programming is an essential part of online consultations and we do this by using PhysiApp. This means you:
- Can get notification reminders to complete your exercises to stay on track
- Will have exercise videos – no stick figure drawings
- Have the ability to message your physio with comments or questions
- Have the ability to track your adherence to the program