Online exercise physiology consultations have been shown to have similar benefits to in-clinic consultations in developing lifestyle behaviours to get you exercising and decrease your risk of long-term chronic diseases.
Who is Exercise Physiology for?
Online exercise physiology consults (also known as Telehealth consults) enable practitioners to reach people who are unable to attend a brick-and-mortar health clinic due to geographic limitations. Online consultations are also ideal for people who:
- Want to save time with travel (have a session whilst at work – so you can go straight home)
- Want to complete their appointment in the confines of their own home
- Want convenient access to their current exercise physiologist
- Do not feel comfortable exercising in a gym environment
- Want guidance in their current training program
- Live interstate, rural or rural areas
- Are unable to attend a clinic due to an injury or conditions
What Conditions Can Be Treated?
Most conditions can be treated through online consultations. As previously stated, research has shown similar benefits compared to face-to-face consultations. Here are a list of injuries and conditions that can be treated:
- Chronic low back and neck pain
- Postural conditions
- Type 2 diabetes
- Heart disease
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome / Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
- and more
How Does Online Exercise Physiology Work??
The process is exactly the same as being in the clinic. Really! We get your details and any relevant information prior to the consultation. We go through the assessment, any reports or scans, go through exercise technique and prescription, develop an exercise program and provide a plan to get you back to what you love doing.
Exercise prescription and programming is an essential part of online consultations and we do this by using PhysiApp. This means you:
- Can get notification reminders to complete your exercises to stay on track
- Will have exercise videos – no stick figure drawings
- Have the ability to message your physio with comments or questions
- Have the ability to track your adherence to the program