Sports Medicine Services in Williamstown, Vic
What to expect in your Sports Medicine Journey
Sports medicine doctors have received specialised training that enables them to rehabilitate injuries in children, adults and professional athletes.
Some of the more common injuries that can occur as a result of sport and physical training include:
- Ligament Sprains (ACL injuries, Rotator Cuff Injuries)
- Cartilage injuries
- Chronic or Overuse Injuries
- Tendonitis / Tendinopathy
- Exercise-induced asthma
- Concussion Management
Sports Doctors utilise their extensive medical knowledge and experience within sports, to provide a clear diagnosis, treatment and management for athletes with musculoskeletal injuries.
Our Sports Doctors:
- Provide an accurate diagnosis to sporting injuries
- Create a step-by-step management plan to deal with your injury
- Liaise with other members in your healthcare team (Orthopaedic Surgeon, Physiotherapist, Exercise Physiologist, Podiatrist, Myotherapist)
Dr Jason Chan has been Chief Medical Officer for The Melbourne Storm Rugby League Club for the past 7 years. During this time the club has won numerous premierships and accolades for their professionalism and preparation. He has 25 years experience in sports medicine, orthopaedics and musculoskeletal injuries.