Clinical Pilates in Williamstown
Clinical Pilates is a form of physical exercise that focuses on posture, core stability, balance, control, strength, flexibility, and breathing. It is often used in conjunction with physiotherapy as a means of treating a variety of injuries.
The research shows strong evidence for the use of therapeutic exercise in managing patients with musculoskeletal injuries, and specifically low back pain, spinal pain and pre- and post-natal rehabilitation. Recent research advocates the retraining of the deep stabilising muscles for patients with low back pain.
What To Expect In Your Clinical Pilates Journey
Clinical Physio (formerly Clinical Pilates) has been used for decades for injury rehabilitation and general fitness. At Paramount Physiotherapy, Clinical Physio sessions are conducted by Pilates-trained Physiotherapists.
- A comprehensive physiotherapy assessment is completed before providing your program
- Your injuries and/or conditions are taken into consideration before prescribing exercises
- Your classes are monitored by university-trained health professionals
- You can use Private Health Insurance to claim your classes
- Our team can also liaise with other members in your healthcare team
We Have Both Individual & Group Classes
Clinical Physio (Clinical Pilates) sessions are offered in:
- Individual (1-on-1)
- Group classes (1-on-4)
For someone who would prefer more focus and attention on their movements, and may be in the early stage of their rehab, individual sessions are usually the best option. For someone who may be in their mid to late stage rehab, or may already have experience with Pilates, semi-private group classes is a better option.
Clinical Physio classes will include a combination of mat, reformer, trapeze and general exercise.