What is the GLA:D Program?
GLA:D is an evidence-based education and exercise program that reflects the latest in OA research. GLA:D is appropriate for any individual who experiences any hip and/or knee OA symptoms, regardless of severity.
Research has shown that GLA:D progra participants:
- Have an average knee/hip pain intensity decreased by 33%
- Report 49% (knee participants) and 45% (hip participants) are using less or much less medication
- average walking speed increased by 13%
- average joint-related quality of life increased by 29% for knee participants and 20% for hip participants
This program is unique in that the education and exercises can be applied to everyday activities. By strengthening and correcting daily movement patterns, participants will train their bodies to move properly, prevent symptom progression and reduce pain.
What should someone expect with GLA:D program?
GLA:D is an evidence-based education and exercise program that reflects the latest in OA research.
- An initial appointment – explains the program & collect data on your current functional ability.
- Two education sessions. You will understand OA. How the GLA:D exercises improve joint stability. How to retain this outside the program.
- Group sessions twice week for six weeks. Step by step support in class sizes of 5.
- A final GLAD assessment 3 months later to measure your progress
How to join?
Head over to our Bookings page and select GLA:D Program (Hip & Knee Osteoarthritis Program) to book your Initial Assessment. All new clients to classes need to attend an Initial Assessment with a practitioner prior to entering the classes, to ensure a thorough history, assessment and individualised program can be completed.